Are you a dedicated caregiver for seniors and wondering if the work you do makes a difference? No One ever said “caring for senior citizens will be easy,” or “You will get lots of ‘thank-you’s’ and always feel appreciated!” Read 20 Inspirational Senior Quotes to gain insight into what it means to be a “caregiver.”
The little things you do make a tremendous impact on an older adult’s life, however, it doesn’t feel like it from moment to moment, and task to task.
The truth is caring for older adults (especially those with memory impairments such as Alzheimer’s disease) is tough work. There’s an endless list of demands, medical issues, and financial concerns. By the time you sort them out - it’s only noon! By the end of the day, you’re flat-out tired. Where’s the time for yourself?
We’re here to tell you: What you do matters! We’re not alone either. Read these motivating messages from people around the world. These uplifting words will put to rest any doubt over whether or not you make a difference in the lives of the seniors you care for.
Inspirational Senior Care Quotes
1. Caring about others, running the risk of feeling, and leaving an impact on people, brings happiness. - Harold Kushner
2. Nurturing is not complex. It's merely being tuned in to the thing or person before you and offering small gestures toward what it needs at that time. - Mary Anne Radmacher
3. The simple act of caring is heroic. - Edward Albert
4. The closest thing to being cared for is to care for someone else. - Carson McCullers
5. One person caring about another represents life's most significant value. - Jim Rohn
6. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia
7. Even though people experiencing dementia become unable to recount what has just happened, they still go through the experience—even without recall.
The psychological present lasts about three seconds. We experience the present even when we have dementia. The emotional pain caused by cruel treatment or unkind talk occurs during that period.
The moods and actions of people with dementia are expressions of what they have experienced, whether they can still use language and recall, or not. ― Judy Cornish
8. We can all make a difference in the lives of others in need because it is the most simple of gestures that make the most significant of differences.”
― Miya Yamanouchi
9. No one cares until someone cares; be that one!” ― Ken Poirot
10. We must not just be recipients but givers! We must not just be keepers but donors! Giving brings relief and sharing enlightens the heart. Caring joins and showing love is life. It is never enough to acquire all acquisition. It is never enough to have all our ambitions. We must endeavor to give for giving out of a true heart is true love and true love is life.”
― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
11. If you shift your focus from yourself to others, extend your concern to others, and cultivate the thought of caring for the well being of others, then this will have the immediate effect of opening up your life and helping you to reach out.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
12. The phrase 'Love one another' is so wise. By loving one another, we invest in each other and ourselves. Perhaps someday, when we need someone to care for us, it may not come from the person we expect, but from the person we least expect. It may be our sons or daughter-in-laws, our neighbors, friends, cousins, stepchildren, or stepparents whose love for us has assigned them to the honorable, yet the dangerous position of caregiver.”
― Peggi Speers
13. "I love you, but I have to love me more." - Peggi Speers
14. Give yourself entirely to those around you. Be generous with your blessings. A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. - Steve Maraboli
15. Life's most persistent and urgent question is: what are you doing for others? - Author unknown
16. There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life -- happiness, freedom, and peace of mind -- are always attained by giving them to someone else. - Peyton Conway March
17. All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action. - James Russell Lowell
18. To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors. - Tia Walker
19. Caring for seniors is perhaps the greatest responsibility we have. Those who have walked before us have given so much and made possible the life we all enjoy. - Senator John Hoeven
20. I follow three rules: do the right thing, do your best, and always show people you care. - Lou Holtz
Looking to the future
Let these inspirational quotes motivate you the next time you’re feeling run-down or stretched too thin. If you’re looking for more senior living blogs and resources, make sure to read our informative blogs every week. They will provide answers to many senior living topics, such as “Grief Support For Seniors.”
People. Passion. Purpose. That’s our mantra, and we live by it every day. Let us show you how!